Entries in Event Safety (4)
The Event Safety Alliance is excited to announce a significant upgrade to their online presence. Based upon user feedback, the ESA website as been completely re-designed to improve user experience and allow for easier access to the latest information and resources. They've added several new features to the site, including a listing of upcoming industry events and an Alliance-managed blog. Most significantly, the improved site now tracks updates to the Event Safety Guide, so users can be sure they're referencing the most current information available. The current update of the Event Safety Guide includes the highly anticipated chapter on Rigging for public review and comment., Please download the latest version and send up your feedback before the August 5th deadline for public review.
Visit the new site at http://www.eventsafetyalliance.org/ . Your suggestions for improving the web site and guide are always welcome and appreciated.
As part of this upgrade, the login procedure for the website has been simplified. Your username is now the email address you used to register; your temporary password is pass123, which you should update the first time you login. Please take a moment to update your profile, which will help ESA send updates to the correct sectors of the industry.
The ESA thanks you for your continued support in helping to advance greater safety awareness within the event production industry.
The Event Safety Alliance is a group of entertainment industry leaders gathered to address the immediate need for universal safety standards for the production of live events.
If you are a working professional in the entertainment, sports, leisure and event marketing industry, we welcome you and would like you to join us in our mission to make all events a safer place.
Promote the “Life Safety First” mindset as the industry’s number one priority by welcoming all interested persons, regardless of affiliation, to join us in making a collective effort to improve life safety awareness and application in our industry. Manage the collection process of known “best practices” including those set forth in documents e.g. the HSE Event Safety Guide (“The Purple Guide”) to create a ‘best practices manual’ for persons producing events in the United States, “The Event Safety Guide US”. Consult with government and industry leaders to find the best strategies for training, certification and inspection practices for the industry.
The ESA is a living organization under constant evolution to ensure everyone has the chance to participate on the work being done.
- Join the group. You dictate your level of participation and contributions to the task at hand. The only pressure you will receive will be from yourself.
- Support and promote the organization and the initiative.
- While participation in drafting “The Event Safety Guide - US” is not mandatory, if you are inclined to share your knowledge and expertise on the wide range of subjects in the guide, notify the ESA team and you will be contacted in short order and given that opportunity.
- If you are a key influencer, consider setting realistic and achievable goals for yourself and those around you to improve safety in your environment and in the industry. There are many resources available to assist you in determining how to mediate the risks in your situation, if you need help finding one- we can help.
- Be patient and vigilant, change takes time. The industry will embrace the “Life Safety First” mindset at it’s own pace. It is only through day-in and day-out persistence that true change can occur.
- Be safety aware and safety prepared.
- This bullet left ‘blank’ for you to fill in because only you can determine what your next step should be.
This is a massive undertaking, intended to be transparent and ALL inclusive, it is our mandate to give each individual the opportunity to participate in the process and take part in the peer review that will complete this long overdue work. EVERYONE will have the ability to review and comment on the work and the process as we move forward.
Thank you for your participation... YOU are the Event Safety Alliance!
Brown United has just engaged the services of Weather Decision Technologies in the interest of life safety.
Keeping their crews and those attending their events informed and protected with the help of the advanced technologies available through WDT. If you're a decision maker producing outdoor events enlisting the services of a private meteorological service is just plain smart.